Skip to main content

Wedding Shower

i seriously have the best family and friends who threw me the most amazingly thoughtful wedding shower. i went home after and couldn’t stop talking about all the details, couldn’t stop feeling overwhelmed with love. it was absolutely perfect. 

since ben and i are doing a destination wedding in the dominican republic, the shower theme was beachy/caribbean which was perfect for a hot july day. my mom’s house is ideal for hosting parties and, when i arrived, i just wandered from room to room in awe of every detail. every mantle was decorated with strands of pictures, every table top was covered with starfish, seashells and flowers, each cocktail was complete with an umbrella, even the toothpick tops were little seashells. 

but, by far, the best part of all was being surrounded by the most amazing ladies i know.. so many who have influenced and shaped the person i am today, so many i’ve looked up to, so many who have been by my side in good times and in bad, so many who have pushed my to do better and have been the best friends a girl could ever ask for. it was one of my most special days and if any of you are reading this, i can’t thank you enough. 

before i share more pictures than you probably care to see, let me first show you this one... how the heck i got lucky enough to call all these beautiful people family is beyond me but i am forever grateful.
the best people. ever. 

mom and my future mother in law. 
my two cousins who i looked up to the most growing up.. and ella.. who gives me baby fever.. a lot. look at that smile and hair.. how could she not?!
 my auntie jeanne who was visiting all the way from california. i'm so thankful she was able to be a part of such a special day for me. 
my future cousin and sister in law (who made the most bomb shower and wedding invitations) <3 
 
 it took all day for me to convince these two cuties that i wasn't too scary and we could get a picture together
i'm pretty sure this one was behind most of the decorations which were amazing.. the best cousin and friend a girl could ask for. 
 
so many best friends. 
the details... 
everyone wrote us a "message in a bottle"
my future aunt brought the most AMAZING donuts from a place in rhode island.. you'd be ashamed if i told you how many i ate 

and now.. time to get married. 






Comments