Skip to main content

thoughts & winter wonderland

snow on christmas! i don't think it could get any more perfect! 

i know it's the middle of january already but i haven't had a chance to post these pictures from christmas yet and i just love them so much.


with the new year in full swing, i've been doing a lot of self analyzing and i'm so disgusted by how much time i spend on my phone... scrolling aimlessly through instagram pictures that i don't even want to see... reading facebook posts filled with negativity written by people i hardly know. all the while, i have family and friends sitting right next to me. this makes me really sad when i think about it because i've been wasting so much time with nonsense when everything that is important to me is in front of my face and i'm ignoring.

this weekend i started the long process of cleaning up my social media accounts, unfollowing people and trying to be more aware of how much time i waste. i hope this does not sound harsh or mean, but i really have no desire to know what an acquaintance from high school is doing... especially when i only know their name because i see it on facebook... and i certainly do not need to be comparing myself to all of the super fit people with washboard abs that i currently follow. social media has been taking so much time away from myself being present in my own life and i intend to change that. slowly but surely. 

Comments