Skip to main content

six things i'm thankful for

it's officially november which means it's finally acceptable... well acceptable in my book... to watch the cheesy hallmark channel christmas movies, listen to christmas music, decorate our house for christmas and i couldn't be more excited. i'm sure many of you are reading this and thinking that i'm one of those people and honestly i really don't care. sorry!

there is just something so magical about christmas time and i like to savor it for a few extra weeks. the cuddling by a fire with so many blankets, the baking, the sparkling lights, the family get-togethers, the christmas shopping and wrapping... it's all perfect so why limit it to december only?! 

although i try to live a life full of gratitude everyday, this time of year reminds me to count my blessings even more. and, my goodness, i have so much to be thankful for.

counting my blessings... 

1. most of all, i'm thankful for ben. my partner in life. my best friend. my confidant. my shoulder to cry on. the person who pushed me to be better every day of my life. my protector. my everything. 

2. i'm thankful for my family. my parents, my brothers, my grandparents, my aunts and uncles and cousins. the people i can always count on no matter what. the people who regularly annoy the hell out of me but i could never live without. the people who molded me into the person i am today. 

3. i'm thankful for my health and my family's health. i see so many families affected by disease every day and we are so very lucky to be overall healthy. 

4. i'm thankful for my education and my job... to have the ability to touch the lives of so many people every day. to spend my days in an environment that encourages constant learning. to work with amazing colleagues who stimulate and challenge my mind, make me laugh, and who have become more than colleagues but great friends.

5. i'm thankful to live in the united states and for our military. for every brave man and woman who risk their lives so we can continue to live freely and without oppression. 

6. i'm thankful for our puppies... these beast that get everything covered in fur and dirt and cause me to have so many extra chores but make me smile on even my worst days. 


thanks for this post inspiration jill 🖤

have a topic you'd like me to write about? i'd love to hear... send them my way! xo

Comments