Skip to main content

End of Summer Shenanigans

Every morning starts the same, Riley jumps up on the bed when she hears my alarm go off at 0430 (thankfully she is persistent about going outside at that hour because otherwise I'd never make it to the gym before work), I throw on some shorts, convince the other two pups to wake up from their slumber, everyone gets their leash on, and we head outside for a morning pee. 

The world is dark and quiet, usually the only light comes from the traffic light... and usually I'm warm in my tshirt and shorts. But this week, the air was crisp... the kind you want embracing you while you're wearing a sweatshirt and sipping warm coffee. 

Fall has officially started to flirt with summer and I couldn't be happier. Now, don't get me wrong, I love summer... but there is nothing better than cool mornings, apple pie, pumpkin spice, flannel, fires, and a world that looks like it's on fire. I'm a basic bitch... what can I say? 

Plus, in between our busy work schedules, we have thoroughly enjoyed this summer and I'm excited for the new adventures fall brings.

Tree House Brewery opened a new location in Charlton, MA and, because their beer is so hard to come by, naturally everyone flocks to buy it. We waited in a line that wrapped around the parking lot, basically to go to a glorified package store. I guess on weekends they allow people to hang out and drink on their grounds, but apparently on Friday you just get to wait in line for a certain number of cans and then be on your way. They have different beers available all the time and most are canned the day of or before you buy them... talk about fresh. The building and property were beautiful with a large outdoor seating area and fire places... however, I don't think I'd make the trip out there again unless we could actually enjoy the beer which is hoppy and delicious.

We met my cousin, her husband and their little princess and, after we collected our rations of beer, headed to a local byob stop to enjoy BBQ with our beers. 

Ben and I officially started CrossFit last December and we are completely hooked... our gym hosted an in-house competition that we competed in as team "Buns and Gun." We came in 8th place out of 26 teams... not too bad for our first competition!
We have met great people and made so many awesome friends. 

My future in laws, Ben and I attended a brewfest a few weekends ago and had so much fun! There were endless breweries and food to sample... I think I went up for samples of butternut squash raviolis four times... told you I'm ready for fall!
 
  


Last weekend we headed to the White Mountains for a friend's beautiful wedding. Sarah and I became friends in high school and it was such an honor to be a part of her special day.

Comments