Skip to main content

Everyone Should Have a Nantucket

Did I tell you Nantucket is my favorite place to visit? I think I did... multiple times. The endless hydrangeas, the bike paths, the beaches, the boats, the cobblestone streets - swoon city. 
Obviously getting engaged was the highlight of our most recent trip to the island... and I don't think any future trip will be able to top this year (unless we get married there)... but the rest of our vacation was also so much fun. I have such a hard time relaxing at home... there are always things to do, something to clean, errands to run, food to cook... and there is nothing better than going on a vacation with nothing at all planned. 
We spent our days biking, eating ice cream (multiple times a day), wandering around the town, sitting on the beach... just enjoying each other's company. That's the best part of being engaged (I love that I get to say this now) to your best friend... no matter where we are or what we're doing, we spend the majority of our time laughing... I don't think it's possible for life to get any better than this. 
Last year we used AirBnB for the first and only time and found a beautiful home, walking distance from everything, with a private suite for rent. We were fortunate enough to be able to stay at the same place again this year... the best part is the family is so nice and always willing to give us tips of where to visit, what to eat, places to avoid. They recently opened their own ice cream shop in town called "Jack and Charlie's Ice Cream" which is delicious and definitely worth a visit (or a few) if you're in the area. 

Every morning I woke up at 6am to head to the beach... the first day I actually worked out... the next two mornings I had every intention of doing so but ended up just enjoying the foggy morning while the rest of the world slept. 
The seafood on the island is so fresh... some of the restaurant owners actually spend the day on the water fishing and cook their catch of the day for dinner. 
Our last evening we enjoyed dinner at The Nautilus. The bar makes amazing craft cocktails (all of which I avoid because I'm a sucker for red wine and I feel like I'm being healthier...it's all about how you feel ;) We met two older couples from Florida vacationing together and, when they found out we were newly engaged, the ladies screamed like high schoolers and the husbands bought us all a drink to celebrate. 
The last morning before we headed home, I was finally able to drag Ben out of bed early with me, we biked to Downyflake Doughnuts, and somehow managed to carry our coffees while biking back to Brant Point Lighthouse. It was perfect... sitting on the rocks overlooking the harbor, munching on donuts, and reminiscing about our trip.
I really mean it... everyone should have a Nantucket. 

Comments