Skip to main content

Best Day Ever.

Remember when I told you recently how excited I was about our upcoming Nantucket trip? Well this past week was the most amazing of my life... a trip I'll remember forever... the love of my life asked me to marry him!!! 
It still hardly feels real... like I'm in a dream and soon I'll wake up and look down and this rock on my finger will be gone. My goodness, I hope that doesn't happen. I feel like the luckiest girl in the entire world. 

So, to be honest with you, this post is really for me... It will be filled with lots and lots of pictures, everything I was thinking and every little detail I can remember so one day I can look back and relive it all. 

You know when you're little and you daydream about what your life will one day become? My daydream involved a hardworking, handsome man... one who listened to me and made me laugh and was patient and loving... someone who never settled in life... someone who made me feel safe and whose arms wrapped around me could fix just about every problem... someone I could imagine having children just like... a man I wanted to share everything in my life with. Ben is all of these things and so much more. I have no idea what I ever did to deserve such an amazing partner in life. 

Ben is so great at surprises... thank goodness I didn't have to do the planning and proposing because I am the worst at keeping secrets. He tells me he's been planning this for a few months now! AND Nantucket is my favorite place to visit so what a perfect place to pop the question. 

July 12, 2017 was a magical day.  

We have friends that have a family house on the island and spent the day on the beach enjoying this view with them. Around mid-afternoon we headed back to the house to change up and made our way to Cisco Brewery. 
Our friend grew up on the island and knows many people there, so when Ben told me he was able to reserve a table in front near the band I didn't think twice about it.... little did I know, this was part of Ben's big plan. So the four of us drank some beer and frozen sangrias (so yummy) while enjoying the company and sun. Then I headed to the bathroom and came back to quite the surprise. 
As I made my way through the crowds of people towards our table (there were so many people), I noticed Ben was up talking to the band. Before I knew what was happening, I heard someone calling my name and asking me to come up front. Ben has his back to me doing something... I remember looking over to our friends who didn't offer any sort of explanation regarding what was happening. 

And then there he was... down in front of me on one knee with a ring in a seashell and simply asked "Will you marry me?" Of course I said yes and we kissed a lot and I think I dragged him back to our table to sit down. My heart was racing, I was shaky, and I'm pretty sure I was beet red... completely overwhelmed and speechless... clearly I'm not a fan of being the center of attention! But, this was a great time to be in front of so many people because lots of them were able to snap awesome pictures to send us! Cisco staff even got a video and later I was able to hear all the cheering for us which I completely toned out while we were center stage! 
 I want to remember him looking at me like this forever. 
After we sat down, a lady came over to congratulate us and asked to see my ring... I was like, "sure, I haven't even seen it yet." I was so overwhelmed I hadn't even looked down! A few little girls came over and so many other people to wish us well... it was so perfect.

A while ago I told Ben I like simple and he picked out the most beautiful ring! Every time I look down at my hand it takes my breath away, which I can't stop doing, by the way. 
With the band!
How lucky we are to have such awesome friends. 
Pit stop on the way back to the Green's house for a beach photo-op... 
A toast at the house and we parted ways with John and Penny to head back into town for dinner at Dune. 
The next day we biked back to the brewery for souvenirs and more pictures in front of Cisco signs... 
 
Everyone has asked if I knew this was coming... honestly, no. Before we left for vacation, my mom and I went to get our nails done because, as I told her, "you always have to be prepared." But I really didn't think he would propose until after a 6 month training he has coming up. The most wonderful surprise.  

This picture is my favorite from our day... it shows exactly how we are together. There's no one else in the world I'd rather share my days with and I can't wait to spend the rest of them being silly with him. 
The love and support being poured into the next step of our relationship is incredible, and I'm so very grateful. I couldn't be happier.

"And I'd choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find you and I'd choose you." 

Always. 

Comments