Skip to main content

Motorcycle Week - Laconia, New Hampshire

Last weekend my little brother, Ben and I packed up and took off on the motorcycles for a few nights to Laconia, New Hampshire. I've never been to "Motorcycle week" in Laconia and boy was I in for a treat. Let's just say no one is modest when it comes to clothing in that place and the people watching is fantastic.
I was the luckiest girl in the state surrounded by the best looking biker studs around. 
The downtown strip of Laconia is a hoot... booths upon booths selling corsets, t-shirts, and leather everything, more motorcycles in one place than I've ever seen, signs for wet t-shirt contests, a stand where you could get a haircut in the middle of the street, so many people... chaos. Luckily, we visited the strip during the day and were able to disappear from the madness at night to a friends adorable cottage.

The first day we met up with friends from the gym who took us out on Lake Winnipesaukee. The lake is massive... I'd totally be lost if I had to navigate. Thankfully my only job was to enjoy the ride... I felt like a kid on a roller coaster, shrieking with excitement every time we went over waves that dropped my stomach.
 The views were beautiful... endless mountains in every direction.
We headed out about 30 minute and stopped for a quick lunch filled with yummy fried food... probably my second favorite part (first favorite part is spending quality time with Ben) about vacation is the free pass I've created in my head to eat whatever I want and not feel guilty. Unfortunately my tummy does not appreciate this free pass and usually craves a salad by the time we get home... my stomach is a weirdo.... who craves vegetables? 
After boating, we headed to the cottage, showered, changed for dinner and ventured back out to my favorite town in the area... Meredith. 
Town Docks was a restaurant on the lake with lots of outdoor seating, the nicest waiters and delicious ice cream... that we ate... multiple times... in two days... shameful. 
The second day we grabbed breakfast, then a donut (I told you... free pass to eat everything and anything on vacation) and explored what "bike week" had to offer... 
Derek was riding solo for the weekend.
My brother had to head home after our first night so Ben and I had a relaxing evening. We visited one of our favorite wineries, Hermit Woods. We're actually "club members" and every three months get a package of their newest creations shipped to the house... best doorstep surprise ever. You should definitely check them out if you're in Meredith. 
Then proceeded to eat ice cream for an appetizer, an appetizer for dinner, and watch the sun set over the lake. 
I fit in so well with a Harley shirt and Sperry sneakers... 

Monday morning we woke up early for a ride on the bike before heading home. The countryside is breathtaking up there... My senses were in overdrive with the lake and mountains and trees, the warmth of the sun on my skin, my arms wrapped around Ben and so many scents... Jasmine, pine, fresh cut grass, mulch, campfire. 

Quick stop at Lee's Candy Kitchen and we were headed south... back home to see our much missed puppies.  

Until next time New Hampshire.

Comments