Skip to main content

Weekend recap

A whole weekend off together... I mean like Friday night, Saturday and Sunday... like normal people... those never happen!

So, naturally, we packed as much into our weekend as possible... starting with Cinco de Mayo margaritas and guac at my favorite Mexican restaurant. After two drinks each we called it quits and headed home to bed early in anticipation of Saturday morning...

Our crossfit gym hosted a rowathon for autism so Saturday morning consisted of rowing... lots of rowing... 42,195 meters (a marathon) of rowing... which took my team of 8 people around two and a half hours. The turn out was amazing... 42 teams and around 400 people all smooshed in! Our team came in 13th place which was great considering a lot of our competitors looked like they belong on the cover of a crossfit magazine.

Sunday was my favorite day. Skipped the gym, took the puppies on a walk and met mom for breakfast. Every time Ben and I go out for breakfast we each get eggs and then split pancakes (because you don't have to take complete responsibility for the dessert when you share)... this time was no exception... expect we split multiple pancakes. Cinnamon sugar. Chocolate chip. Pumpkin pecan. Don't judge... they were worth every single bite.

After breakfast we finally went on our first motorcycle ride of the season. There's something so exhilarating about wrapping my arms around the man I love and feeling the wind rush through me. I love every second of it... even when I'm cold... and I usually hate being cold.

One of my favorite parts of warm weather is grilling season... aka "Ben cooking season"... so we finished the weekend off with a cookout (eat inside) for my dad's birthday.
Why can't every day be the weekend? I love weekends. Look at how happy weekends make me!

Comments